Sunday, March 29, 2009

Back from Hawaii



What a wonderful trip we had to the Big Island of Hawaii! The resort, Hilton Waikoloa Village, was so breathtakingly beautiful, all 62-acres of it! You could walk, ride a tram, or ride a boat to get around the property. We did some of all! Stampin Up provided us with a unforgettable trip from beginning to end. We were met at the airport with a fresh flower lei from Stampin Up. (See picture of my husband, James)

We are staying near Kona, on the dry side of the island - mostly black lava - very austere kind of beauty. The picture is at the top - I am not having any luck with getting the picture posted where I want them. (Just one more program that knows more than I do about what I want to do! It must be male. lol) The room was so roomy! There was a kind-size bed with a beautiful coverlet! The view from our window is of the Lawn between the Ocean Towers, where we are staying and the Palace Towers. We were treated to a welcome party near the Waterfall Pool - very pretty and wonderful food, and we were serenaded by a singer and band - Hawaiian style. On Monday, after a wonderful breakfast buffet, we went to General Session, which was led by our CEO, Shellie Gardner. Dale Fillmore, President of SU, also spoke and then projects were presented by Pam Morgan and Brent Steele. We got a Sneak Peek of a few of the things that are coming in the new catalog this summer. (Think new dies for the Big Shot!) And small, tiny-type things will be featured this summer. The rest of Monday was free to sight-see or to relax and enjoy the beautiful resort. James and I got in our rental car and took off to see the Southern part of the island. We saw coffee trees, and macadamia nut trees, and lots of other vegetatation that we couldn't identify, but truly enjoyed seeing. I will write more later. I am worn out with figuring out how to download my pictures from the camera - and find where they downloaded to, and trying to learn to post to my blog. I will try to get better at this!

No comments:

Post a Comment