Sunday, December 5, 2010

Card Gone Wrong!


Good morning stampers! Today's Christmas card used a technqiue called "Inlaid Embossing" . However, it didn't work out as planned, so I just added stamped cutouts to improve the looks of the card. When I stamped my tree, cut it out, and glued it to my white cardstock, I then ran it through my Petals Aplenty folder on the Big Shot. My stamped tree was Wild Wasabi,a nd it wasn't enough contrast to the white, so it just sort of faded into the background. Since inlaid embossing was the technique I was planning on teaching that day, I tossed this asside and went on to find something else that would work. Later I came back and stamped the tree in Garden Green on a piece of Whisper White Cardstock, cut it out and put it on with Stakmpin Deminsionals, as I did with the 3 red presents. now I like the card. It didn't meet my original critieria for the card, but it turned out fine as just a Christmas card. Don't give up on your "failures"--they are just opportunities for further creativity! Have a great day. Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment