Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Check's in the Mail


This is from the For the Birds Stamp Set.  We had a stamp set class this weekend, in which we made 4 cards using various images from this set.  This one is of the mailbox.  I started out to case teammate Kathy Hamricks's card.  However she did a technique that I didn't know how to do, AND she used a stamp set that I didn't have for the little postage stamp!  So I ended up with a card that was vertical instead of horizontzal  and I added cardstock vellum to the center piece, to tone down the brightness of the Pacific Point and the Real REd.  I added a strip of Pacific point that had been run through the Big Shot with the Lattice embossing folder and tied a ribbon around it.  The little squares at each corner are made with the teeny, tiny postage stamp punch that is a part of the new mini three pack!  I love it.  In short, the stamp set, and the colors were really about all the cards have in common!  lol But I sure appreciated the starting place!
Thanks for stopping by, and happy stamping

No comments:

Post a Comment