Monday, July 26, 2010

Home again, Home again !





We got home on Sunday at 11 a.m, after a red-eye flight from Salt Lake City to Charleston, WV. We were tired puppies. And as I thought, there was the garden awaiting me. Instead of going to bed for a nap, I helped can 14 quarts of green beans, and we froze 28 pints of corn. More needs freezing tomorrow too! But I love the corn, so not too big of a deal. (I had good help with the beans--my granddaughters and their mother. ) My husband was the biggest help of all--in fact we were all helping HIM! lol He picked all the beans, we just helped string, break and stuff the jars. He even watched the timer on the canner and kept adjusting the heat. He also picked, shucked, and cut the corn off the cob. All I did was cook it and put it in the bags.
Tonight's scrapbook class was really fun. I had one page ready when they got here, but not the second. I had the idea and a poorly put together second page, but the ladies loved it. We did paper tearing technique to make the mountains for our MOUNTAIN themed scrapbook pages this month.
Convention was so much fun this year. So many good card samples, and lots of new ideas to try. One class was on recruiting and getting bookings. I came home and one of my scrapbookers booked a party for August! Woo Hoo! I am so excited. Love the special for August hostesses - $25 extra hostess dollars with a $350 party merchandise total!
Thanks for stopping by. Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment