Monday, September 21, 2009

Whew!


Well, it has been another busy week! Marlin did well with his kidneystone surgery! He went back to work the next day. Glad it was him and not me - I am a wimp anymore. I want to share with you one of the Halloween cards that we made today in Stamp Club. it is really easy and quick. In fact, I was making the sample so quickly, that I didn't give the ink time to dry, and smeared it! Sorry, but you get the idea anyway. It is using the new set, "Halloween Hoot" (#111582) $29.95. I love the kettle that is a part of this set -if you turn the stamp upside down, I think it looks like a big fat frog sticking his tongue out! And that makes me smile!
Speaking of making me smile, my family and I went to a really cool event in St. Albans yesterday. I don't know if many of you are familiar with the Shoney's chain of restaurants or not, but the first one was started here in Charleston, WV a very long time ago. (of course I can't remember the year.) The original building was a round one, and one of the locals here created a small replica of the building and it was a central part of a Hot Rod Racers Reunion yesterday. There was a car show with about 200 old cars, 50's and 60's music, and this display. My granddaughters loved the statue of the Big Boy! We went to the soccer game, lunch, and then relaxed at the car show. A nice day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brenda, the Halloween card is good. You are very good at making cards. I have had food at Shoney's and I should say the food is awesome!!!

    r4

    ReplyDelete