Thursday, August 6, 2009

Convention!

We made it! What a time we had getting here yesterday! I flew from Charleston to Cinncinatti - after a 1 1/2 hour wait on the runway in Charleston. Cinncinatti had to close their airport due to severe rain and thunderstorms. So by the time we left Charelston, I had already missed my flight to Salt Lake City. First I was on stand-by and then they gave me a confirmed flight to Salt Lake City--via Philadelphia!!! After a couple more hours, I asked again, and that time I got the direct flight to SLC. I got here at 5:30 instead of 10:30, but at least I arrived safely! My luggage got stuck on the conveyer belt for a little while, but at least it got here. AS I was headed for the baggage claim, I met a whole slew of policemen coming towards me looking right and left. Talk about a scary feeling. I heard one of them say, lets check the rest rooms, he might be in there! I was glad to get to my hotel, I tell you! We are staying at Embassy Suites, and it is really nice! It comes with breakfast each morning--a real breakfast. Today we spent mostly standing in line at Momento Mall - an hour to get in and an hour to check out. My friend, Kathy Hamrick, earned a place in Founders Circle!!! That is a HUGE deal for a demonstrator. She gets to spend 4 days in September with the top 100 demonstrators in SU, and with our founder, Shelli Gardener!!! Wooo Hooo Way to go Kathy! I don't have the capabilities to send pictures. Sorry, will have to do that when I get home. Can't wait for the General Session tomorrow morning. They always have announcements, prize patrol, and stamping demonstrations! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment