Monday, January 28, 2013

"Don't Be Blue" Valentine

 
Today's sample is one of my favorite that I have made in a while.  I love the new pool party ribbon that is part of the free items you can get in the Saleabraton brochure.  There are actually 3 ribbons--Pool Party, Island Indigo, and Calypson Coral--plus 2 kinds of buttons!  The heart is from the set, You are Loved, and it is embossed with Pool Party Embossing powder.  Did you notice the pretty border at the bottom of the card???  I used a piece of the new Delicate Details Paper tape---are you ready for this???  I used it as a stencil!  I needed a piece for this card, but due to the snow on Friday, my order was taken back to the UPS terminal for delivery today!  (Not a lot of help for the classes I had on Saturday and Sunday!)  So, I had heard that it was removeable, but I hadn't tried that yet.  I had ONE card sample here with a piece of the tape on it--it was on a Night of Navy card stock.  I just hoped I would be able to get it off that card and use it as a stencil.  You can imagine my delight when I found that although the card had been made for 3 weeks, the tape came right off!!!!  We used it as a stencil by applying it to the above card, putting a post it note about 1/4" above the piece of tape and daubing the whole area with Pool Party ink.  Peeled off the tape, and the Very Vanilla Card stock shows through, looking like the lace tape!  We then used it 10 more times on everyone's cards, and I finally put it back on the original card, no worse for the added uses!  Isn't that sweet????  I originally thought the tape might be a bit pricey, but by using it as a stencil, there are unlimited uses!  (#130988  $9.95 for two 1-yard pieces.  The second variety is not used on this card.)  Thanks for stopping by.
Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment