Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Use It Up



Today's card is a blend of old and new. I have been going through my excess stamping supplies and trying to use them up, in one way or another. (I was raised by depression era parent whose motto was, "Use it Up, Wear it Out, Make Do, or Do Without"!) I took a piece of discontinued designer paper which I really liked, and added pretty in pink, and bashful blue to it. Used the new scallop border trim punch to create the scalloped trim edging on the card. I love the look of the flowers made with the Vintage Vogue stamp set that is found in the Occasions Mini Catalog. The background is stamped on Bashful Blue using one of the Itty Bitty Background stamps. I also used markers to obtain the two-toned look on the flowers. I have been using some of my older supplies to make birthday cards to send to my friends. It makes me feel so good to finally use up some of my treasured pieces of Designer paper. I am really bad to hoarde it! Because after all, if I use it up, it will be gone, and then I won't have anymore of it! lol Nevermind that my stamping area is groaning with all the DSP that I have - both old and new! I made calendar covers earlier to use up some of my excess. Turns out it is just like fabric - you can never use it all up! Seems like the more you cut it the more it multiplies! lol

Have a great day and thanks for stopping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment