Monday, March 22, 2010

Chickie Hatches!


I love this little chickie from, "A Good Egg" stamp set. The inspiration for this card comes from Wendy Hawkinson. I have changed a few things, but I just loved this little guy as soon as I saw him. I have used Tempting Turquoise for the base layer, then added a layer of Pixie Pink. The piece of designer paper is from Kaleidoscope, and I created my own striped paper for the bottom portion of the card using our stamp from the Occasions Mini, called "Stripe". It is so useful!! I stamped Barely Banana Card stock with So Safron ink, and then used the new Scallop Trim Border punch to make an edging to the piece. I stamped the chick on white card stock and backed it with Pixie pink. I stamped two separate egg shell halves with Staz-on black and then using water color crayon (tempting turquoise) and the Aqua Painter, colored the egg shell. Then I took one of the stamps from "Itty Bitty Backgrounds" and put the dots on the eggshells, with Pixie Pink Ink. The little chick was colored with Barely Banana marker. I finished the card by adding a piece of our luxurious White Satin Ribbon. Thanks for stopping by. Happy Stamping.

No comments:

Post a Comment