Monday, March 15, 2010

Garden Whimsey Tulip


We finally had sunshine here in WV for 3 or 4 days, and then came the rains. We are nearing flood stage in many places near us. So to try to forget the rains, I came up with this card to cheer me up! It is just so bright and springy! My new mantra? Spring is coming, spring is coming, spring is coming! My little granddaughter picked me a crocus and brought in last week. Peeking up through the remants of snow! You just have to love the determination of a crocus! The Easter Lillies are also coming up--not far enough yet to have buds, but enough to preserve hope that---"Spring is coming!" lol
The colors look much better in real life. Sorry. I used gable green ink on gable green cs to get the striped piece at the bottom of the card. The purple is actually orchid opulence and the designer paper layer is from Shades of Spring DSP. I used the new scallop border punch and also the Butterfly Embossing Die, in addition to the little rhinestones from the Eggscellent Egg kit as my new items from the Occasions Mini, and the tulip from my favorite old set, Garden Whimsey. The Bride DSP is also from the 2010 Idea Book. Thanks for stopping by!
Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment