Sunday, March 7, 2010

More Hats






Here are more hats that we made at our Downline meeting on Sunday. We used an old Candy Cookbook from 1970 to make the flowers. (I figured if I had had it for 40 years and never used it, I could safely punch it up for decorations for our hats!) We sponged the color on with sponges. The flowers were punched with our new flower punch. The eye for the bird was the stone pried out of one of our rhinestone brads! The buttons used to hold the flower together is one of our small pink corduroy buttons. We used the sponge and our choice of ink to make the button match the flower! That was one of those happy accidents that I made when I was creating my first hat for a challenge for the Remarkable Stampers--I was just trying to add a little more color to the inside of the top petal of my flower
Don't you love it when an accident actually turns out well? lol
Thanks for stopping by!






























No comments:

Post a Comment