Friday, July 15, 2011

Cherish Friendship



Today's card uses the new set "Cherish Friendship", and I think this is an appropriate card for today because it is Convention Week! And that is one of the very best things about Stampin Up--the friendships we make both with our customers and with our fellow demonstrators. i so hate it that I am not at convention this week! I miss seeing all the freinds that I have made through the years at Leaderships and Conventions! Anyway, that is why I chose this set of stamps for today.

The chair is from "Cherish Friendship" and I watercolored the chair and used markers to color in the basket and the flowers. The "hangy downy" things are from the set My Friend. (Again an appropriate stamp set choice for Convention week! lol) I inked the stamp with Versa Mark and then immediately inked it again with Island Indigo, and then added Irredescent Ice embossing powder and heat set it. The brownish smudge above the chair is all me--got my finger in the ink, as usual, and thus I have left my signature fingerprint that seems to be mandatory on each card I make! Grrr. I love the use of the Scalloped Border Corner Punch. I used two of our new in-colors for this card also --Calypso Coral and Island Indigo. Thanks for stopping by. Happy Stamping. Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment