Sunday, July 12, 2009

Classes!


What a great time we had at our "Christmas in July" class on Saturday! We had one new stamper, and it was such fun to watch her catch our joy in stamping! We started out with a very, very simple card--didn't want to scare her away the first thing! Then we moved on to more complicated cards. I also had 2 of the cards ready to show them that we are going to be making in the "Flight of the Butterfly" class on Monday night. I will post those for you later in the week. I am still working on the fourth card for the class-just finished cutting the pieces for the third one--and the class isn't until tomorrow night, so for me, I am ahead of the game!

Today was a really nice quiet day here. I slept in and then went to lunch with my family, before they all scatter for the week. We had company for dinner tonight, a long time friend that shares our love of a West Virginia favoite--fried green tomato sandwiches. Well, actually, these were fried zucchini and bacon sandwiches--our tomatoes haven't gotten big enough to fry yet! And as the zucchini are plentiful from the garden right now, we had fresh, warm zucchini bread straight from the oven for dessert! One of my favorites, and so easy. You don't even have to get the mixer out! My kind of recipe. Zucchini Bread
1 cup salad oil
3 eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups sugar
2 cups grated raw zucchini (I kind of pack it in, and let the excess juice overflow)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. soda
1 scant tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3 tsp. (heaping) ground cinnamon
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup shredded coconut

Combine oil, eggs sugar, zucchini, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl Blend well. Stir in flour, soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Do not beat. Stir in pecans and coconut. Spoon batter into 2-well greased 8 ½” x 4 ½“ x 2 5/8”
loaf pans. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until done.
Enjoy! And thanks for stopping by today. Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment