Thursday, July 2, 2009

Open House


Today was my Happy New Stamping Year Open House! We made the card that I showed you yesterday, and we made Christmas card tags. I told you that I hoped to take pictures and have them for you to see. I also told you that I hoped I could remember to take the pictures. I did remember and was taking pictures of some of the things on the prize table, but a lady was registering for the Main Door Prize, and I was waiting for her to finish before I took a picture of the door prize. You guessed it, I got to talking and forgot to take the picture! It was a packet with the Fresh Cuts stamp set and 6 of the matching notecards, 6 sheets of cardstock - 1 each of the new In-colors, 1 yard each of the new in-colors polka dot ribbon, big flowers from the Pretties Kit and a variety of rhinestone brads, large grommets, etc. When we drew for the winner at the end of the Open House, the lady who won was still there so she took it home with her. The winner of the prize for: First Person to Arrive was Karla Holsclaw. The children's door prize winner was Caroline. And the Main Door Prize winner was Nancy Kearns. Several of the attendees really enjoyed the Retired Merchandise Table. I do have a few pictures for you, just not all I meant to! The Little Champagne bottles were a big hit! The meatballs were a hit too! Here is the recipe:

Meatballs
1 pound hamburger
1 small onion, chopped fine
1 small can of evaporated milk
Make into walnut-sized balls and cook in skillet with lid on. No need to even turn them over! When cooked, place them in the barbeque sauce and cook on stovetop on low for 20 minutes to 1/2 hour, or else put in a crockpot on low.
Sauce:
14 oz. Heinz catsup
3 Tbsp. Worchestershire sauce
3 Tbsp. brown sugar (I put a little more - to your own taste)
Stir these ingredients together, and cook with meatballs in them. See above.

No comments:

Post a Comment