Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Take Wings And Fly


Well, Yesterday did not go as planned! I was on the computer checking my e-mail when news came that the new Holiday Mini was online for demonstrators! I can't begin to tell you how much I really love it!!!! This is the best one that we have ever had!! New stamps , new dies, new designer paper!!! Yes, I am estatic and it shows! I can hardly wait till August to share it with you!
(PS, I didn't get my perm either, by the time I got through drooling over the new mini, it was time to get the other card ready for tonight's class!)
Now, on to the post of the day! I love butterflys! They are such a joy to watch as they flit from place to place. We tried to recapture that feeling with The Flight of the Butterfly" stamp set in last night's class. This set is very versatile with all the curvy words that come with it, and the various butterflys--spotted, flowered, plain solid! We used Almost Amethyst Card stock with a striped piece of Tea Party Designer paper. We used a sponge to put Almost Amethyst ink on the big flower from the Pretties Kit (doesn't show up well in the picture, sorry!) The the smaller flower was sponged with Pretty in Pink Ink. The Center of the flower is a pink circle brad from Circle Fire Brads (#109110). There is a piece of 1/4" white grosgrain ribbon across the center of the card. We attached the flower with mini glue dots. We took that one step further with the Pop Up Butterflies on the inside of one of our cards. Such fun! Hope you enjoy seeing it as much as we enjoyed making it. Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment