Saturday, July 18, 2009

Took a Jaunt Today!

Today my husband and I decided that we could take some time out and go to Cabelas, avbove Wheeling, WV. We hadn't been there in quite some time, and boy, oh, boy! Talk about improvements! For those of you who don't know, Cabellas is like a Bass Pro Shop and Smoky Mountain Knife Works all rolled into one. We started with the aquarium - very nice array of fish, then on around to see the African Elephant and other animals exhibit. So nicely done. At the center of the store there are all kinds of mountain goats, polar bears, etc. I found animals that I had never heard of--not even in the crossword puzzles! They were aweinspiring! I don't want to mislead you - there were tons and tons of merchandise for sale too, there was cooking utensils, dishes, tents, fishing rods, guns, everything that you might expect to see in a high testosterone place of business. You ask what are the women doing while the men are hyperventilating over all these wondrous displays??? They checked out the homemade fudge in the general store area, checked out the restaurant, the clothes, the shoes, and of course the above named exhibits. Then she sat down on one of the many resting places and pulled her trusty book out of her purse and read a bit. Or, different scenario--she dumped him and went on down the road to one of the many new stores that have opened! JC Penneys, Kohls, Panera Bread, Applebees, Dress Barn, Bob Evans, Petco, and the very closest to Cabellas???? The Russell Stover Candy store! There was even a Michaels. After a nice stop for dinner in Parkersburg we went to Crafts 2000! Wow! I bought some project storage boxes, and I eally like them. They are clear and I can tell what is in them. We came home and I washed the clothes. You note I said, Washed. The washing machine quit working at that point. It rinsed them, but it wouldn't spin thne water out, and it ran the tub over, so we had to mop the floor, take every last piece of clothes out, wring it out, and hung up on the lines on the porch--At 11 o'clock at night! What Fun. The water had to all be dipped out of the tub, and there it sits waiting for the Washer Angel to fix it!
I made the 2 cards at the top of this post after the washer episode. I do have more cards to post this week, but for now, I am ready to head to bed. I have church and a Stamp Club tomorrow. Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment