Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday - Off and Running!





Good morning! Today with my granddaughters out of town, I am wondering what to do with myself! Guess I probably should go get that haircut and perm that I have been needing for the last couple of weeks! Before I hit the road, I wanted to post a couple of samples from the Christmas in July Class that we did over the weekend. The first one that looks like the present, is done with a Cuttlebug folder in the Big shot for the white part of the card and the punches used were the Scallop Circle and the new Snowflake punch. So simple, and so easy.

The other card is also easy, but it looks more complicated. The base layer is Handsome Hunter, and the next layer is Real Red Cardstock. We stamped the skaters (from Winter Post) first, masked them and then stamped the trees (from Lovely as a Tree). Next we used an oval cut with the Big Shot and our Ovals die, as a mask and sponged Bashful Blue all around the oval, which creates the spotlight on the skaters. We colored the skaters with watercolor pencils and used blender pens to enhance the colors. (I might add that all my stampers did a MUCH better job than I did with the coloring!) We finished it off by adding the little deer from (Winter Post) and then put a little Crystal Effects, applied with a cotton swab--the cheap ones work best, as they don't have so much cotton that you can't get into the small places. We topped it all off with a sprinkling of Dazzling Diamonds on the Crystal Effects, for an icy, snowy look. This was my favorite card of the day. Thanks for stopping by. Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment